What We Learned from The Relish Connect 2020 Virtual Career Conference
The Relish Connect Virtual Conference (https://www.relishconnect.com/) took place online from September 16-18 and attracted thousands of candidates, 18 school sponsors, and nearly two dozen participating employers. Designed to help drive candidate-employer engagement amid the new virtual recruiting environment, the conference was a big success for all stakeholders:
Attendance and Reach:
- Total Candidate Registrants: 4,707
- Total Schools Represented: 105
- School Sponsors: 18
- Total MS Degrees Represented: 25
- Total Employer Representation: 148
- Participating Employers: 23
- Percentage of Female Candidates: 42%
- Percentage of Underrepresented Candidates: 78%
- Percentage of Candidates seeking full-time positions: 66%
- Percentage of Candidates seeking internships: 42%
- Total Candidate / Employer Interactions: 15,242
- Total Applications Submitted: 2,592
- Unique Company Applications: 148
- Total Conference Portal Pageviews: 66,193
- Total Unique Sessions: 9,801
- Average Session Duration: 8 minutes, 7 seconds
In addition to submitting job applications, candidates were able to message participating employers and join live employer Q&A sessions hosted on Zoom, where recruiters and alumni from employer sponsors gave real-time answers to student-submitted questions.
The feedback from conference participants has been overwhelmingly positive – 100% of school survey respondents have indicated interest in working with Relish on future virtual career conferences, 75% of employer survey respondents said they were “satisfied” or “extremely satisfied” with the conference experience, and candidates rated all of the nine primary conference features as satisfactory or higher.
The Relish team also committed to donating 10% of conference revenue to charities chosen by candidate registrants, and we’re proud to announce a gift to be distributed among non-profit organizations like charity: water, The Center for Reproductive Rights, The United Negro College Fund, The Innocence Project, and more.
Are you a school or employer interested in organizing virtual recruiting events this year? Send us a quick note and a member of the Relish team will reach out to set up a time to chat.